Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In Memory...

There are many ways I could describe Lacy Jordan Layton. To me, she was someone who could make absolutely anyone cheer up just by being in the room with you. Her smile and vibrant personailty were that amazing. Lacy was the very best friend that Emily had. I always hate being away from my family and not being able to be there if something happens, right then, but it always helped knowing that Lacy was there for Emily if anything happened.

A month ago yesterday, my cousin lost her grandparents. Lacy and I were there for her the entire time. During the funeral, Emily sat with the family and Lacy and I, we sat together. It is very hard knowing that tomorrow I will be at another funeral and she will be there, but not right beside me, holding on to my arm crying along with me. Instead she will be looking down on us all, safe in Heaven.

I may not be as close to her as she was to other people, but I do consider her my best friend. We told each other that we were each other's best friend from (insert town we live in here). We have not gotten to spend a lot of time together these past few months but I really hope she knows that I love her. I am grateful for being able to have her in my life. Lacy truly is an amazing person.

I really do not understand why this had to happen. I never will. Maybe it is better that way. Maybe it is better if I don't know. I know she is in a much, much better place than we are. In a way I feel selfish, wanting her here with us. We were all hoping for a miracle, and maybe what we got was a miracle. She never has to suffer and she is happy.

Tomorrow will be an extremely hard day for many people. Lacy was close to so many and had an impact on the lives of everyone that she came in contact with. She will NEVER be forgotten. None of us will ever allow that to happen.

Lacy will always live on. She was an organ donor and she was able to give someone the most amazing gift you can recieve: the gift of life. Although it was her time to go, she gave someone else a second chance.

Everyone, please tell people that you love them. Life should not be taken for granted. In the blink of an eye, it could be gone. Don't wait to tell someone that you love them, don't make yourself wonder if they know that you love them.

In loving memory of Lacy Jordan Layton.
She is our guardian angel.
<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynn. There are just some things we won't understand this side of Heaven. Until then, we entrust those we love God's care, and look to the God of all comfort to bring us peace in times of trouble. Love you.