Monday, December 29, 2008

What A Year.


I haven't blogged in almost a month, wow. I have been thinking about this year and how much my life has changed. There have happened that have effected my life in some way.

1. January 10th. I started the year knowing that a new church was starting and I would be a part of it. Little did I know it would be as big of an influence in my life this past year as it has. Without Crossroads I honestly have no idea what my life would be like. I've been to church before but never have a I felt that I have a family with the people at my church.

2. February 24th. I turned 16! Finally I have a license to drive. :] It was one of the best birthday's I have had. Went to Olive Garden the night before with my family and then on the day of my birthday I attended my first Sunday service at Crossroads and went shopping with Scott.

3. May 14th. I got my first job! Sometimes I really complain about Guthrie's but in all sincerity it is not a bad place to work at, especially for my first job. I have actually met some people here that have become pretty good friends as well.

4. Beginning of August. EHS resumed classes. This time at four different campuses. My junior year begins. So far it has been the hardest year, academically.

5. August 10th. Crossroads moved to the College Cinema. It is amazing to see how much we are growing!

6. Late August. My great-grandmother passed away. Even though I did not spend much time around her (she was in a nursing home) I miss her a great deal and I know that even more so my aunt's and my granny miss her. About two weeks after this, my granny was diagnosed with cancer. She had surgery to remove her kidney that the tumor was on.

7. October 5th. The Beach, BBQ, and Baptism. I was baptized. Spiritually, I have grown so much this past year. Over ten years ago when I met the Odens' who knew that on this day I would be baptized, much less by Pastor Gene. Even so, it was an amazing thing to share with someone whom I have known practially my entire life as well as Pastor Ben. Although I have not known him nearly as long, I respect him just as much. Looking back on this day, what made it special was sharing it with everyone who I have met and become close too at Crossroads.

8. October 30th. My Paw-paw passed away. We all knew he was sick but we were praying that it would not have come so soon. My mom has been married to my step-father since I was three so his parents have been a huge part of my life. My mom and dad's father both passed away many years ago so he was the one grandfather that was living. It still feels unreal to know that he is gone. I personally think he held on long enough to make sure that my Granny made it out of her surgery to remove her kidney. I don't know if I really ever told him this but I love him and I miss him calling our house to get my step-dad to come fix something. As annoying as we all thought it was when he did it. I miss him. Thank you to everyone who prayed for my family during this time. Pastor Gene, Mrs. Leslie, Pastor Ben, and Hollie; thank you for coming to see me or bringing by food. Kelly; thank you for coming to the funeral. You do not know how much that comforted me knowing that you were there. My mom and I are both very grateful for everything that you all have done.


9.December 24th. I was able to see family members that I have not seen in quite some time now. It was a good day to be able to see them again.

10. Today. We are remodeling the Garage. It is great to know that we outgrew the youth room therefore we are having to expand. Insulation itches though! Also, today I found out that my Granny went back to the doctor and got an ALL CLEAR. Other than one of her kidney's missing, he could not find any signs of cancer ever being in her body! The power of prayer. It heals.


In so many ways, this has been the hardest year of my life. There were many times I wish 2008 would hurry and be over with. But now, I wish it would not have gone by so fast. Something I did not mention , I met one of my best friends this year, Lindsay! :] I love that girl.

I am ready to see what God has planned for 2009. I've gotta say...We are definitely living the Blessed Life. There is no other way to say it. This IS life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing, inspiring, yet challenging year it was! I marvel at all God has done in your life, and am thankful He has given you writing skills to share it with others! Love you :o)

Gene Oden said...

Thank YOU, Lynn! You have made our lives more special than you can know. What an awesome blog post!